Monday, July 20, 2009

A righteous challenge

"Therefore I glory in Christ Jesus in my service to God." Romans 15: 17

It's easy to get caught in the current of the times- to constantly seek contentment in the things made by man. But true happiness comes from serving God and serving God's people. It is when we serve God and God's people that we truly glorify God by loving others as God loves us.

Have you been feeling empty lately? Felt like things that used to bring you joy are less than fulfulling? Maybe it's time for a dose of service and time of seeking good. Now, I'm not saying that doing things to improve your own lifestyle is evil, but I am saying that I've experienced the empty feeling of compiling things that bring only temporary happiness. I wonder where God is and why I'm not feeling God's presence... And then I take the time to serve someone and I am reminded of the sense of accomplishment that comes with something as simple as helping someone in need.

This week, do not seek happiness in the things you do for yourself, but serve others to the glory of God.

No comments: