Monday, July 13, 2009

Refresh

Do you ever feel worn out, beat down, discouraged, or even confused about where this is going and what's the point? I think to some extent this is perfectly natural. A buzzword most of us are familiar with is "progress." We like to see progress, and when we don't it can be easy to experience a mixture if not all of the forementioned feelings.

The one solution that I've found for this problem is to refresh- get away for a while. Go somewhere or do something that refreshes you by allowing you to "recharge." Maybe it's a vacation, maybe it's a day off, ... for me it's being around people that offer encouragement, are enjoyable to be around, and share my interests and many of my goals.

This week I have the privilege of being at church camp. Some might be confused as to why I consider it a privilege- it's not that I particuarly enjoy eating camp food, being outside in the heat of the day, or sleeping on a sub-par mattress.... it's that there are people here that share my goal to see youth grow in their faith, they love to laugh, they love to just enjoy the company of other believers.

How long has it been since you allowed yourself to be refreshed by being in the presence of those that renew you? Seek them out this week, spend some time in their presence and be encouraged.

"And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds. Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another—and all the more as you see the Day approaching." Hebrews 10: 24-25

No comments: