Friday, September 12, 2008

Thoughts on a quarter century

This post, I'll break from my usual format of doing something devotion-based. Instead, I'm going to post a 10 things that I've learned about myself and about life (in no particular order) that I think are worth sharing. There are a lot of things that I could put on this list, but I've only given it a few days of thought. Anyway, here it goes:

1. I'll never know enough to be completely satisfied with my knowledge about anything.

2. I'd save myself a lot of trouble if I could put down my pride long enough to ask for help.

3. Friends and family can get you through a lot. Strive to return the favor whenever possible.

4. It's better to give people a chance to get to know me before I start "acting myself".

5. I really enjoy being able to not act my age on a regular basis.

6. Even though I consider myself a very patient person, I need a lot more patience on a regular basis.

7. Making plans rarely works for me because things seldom happen the way I think they will.

8. Many of the things I've resisted the most, turned out to be the most beneficial to me.

9. Worrying does more harm than good.

10. Life is funny, you just have to learn to look at it the right way.

Disclaimer: Please don't expect me to follow my own advice...because I'll always make mistakes.

No comments: