Monday, April 13, 2009

Now What?

Christ is risen! Now what?

All of the eggs are found, the candy has been partially or mostly consumed, and the new clothes are no longer new. So now we're on a break until next year, right? Not at all. In fact our work has just begun. Christ has done his part- he's paid the price and conquered death. Now it's time for us to start letting others know. This is usually the part that I struggle with.

The miracle of Easter should spur us on to do something great. We should be doing the unexpected- loving those who don't deserve it, helping those who can't return the favor, caring more about people and less about rules or what people think... living like Jesus.  But I usually don't, because I know that what Christ said is true,

"If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. Remember the words I spoke to you: 'No servant is greater than his master.' If they persecuted me, they will persecute you also. If they obeyed my teaching, they will obey yours also."
John 15: 18-20

The resurrection changed everything. I hope that it will change your perception- that you'll see things differently. I pray that you will have your eyes opened in the coming days to what God can achieve through you. 

"I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." John 16: 33

1 comment:

Jason Huffman said...

Good stuff, Russ. I think we always tend to view the resurrection as an end (end of sin, end of death, end of lent, etc.), when really it's a beginning.