Summer is a little crazy, so I'm just now getting around to updating. I'm currently on a mission trip, and have very little time to use the computer and internet, so I'll give you an assignment:
1. Go to a place where you can find some silence and solitude, take a Bible, but leave your watch, cell phone, iPod, or any other device that could be used as a distraction.
2. Find a place to sit down and just watch the day, (I prefer mornings or evenings, especially at this time of year). Don't do anything, just observe your surroundings: creation. Listen to the sounds of nature, hear the songs the birds are singing...
3. Sit for a while, no specified time, until you are content. Then pick up your Bible and turn to Matthew 5. Begin reading out loud to yourself. Don't stop until you finish chapter 7.
4. After you're done, sit and let the message sink in. Imagine what it would have been like to hear Jesus preach that message.
5. Sit and enjoy creation some more. Then try not to listen to music or any manufactured noise on the way back home, or wherever you're going.