Thursday, March 13, 2008

Spring Cleaning

I'm going to start pulling the entrys from the Williams Staff blog, so that you can read both of my weekly entrys in one place. However, I would encourage you to continue reading the blog to hear what the other staff members have to say. Now, here is this week's entry that was originally posted on Tuesday March 11th.

Spring Cleaning
It's that time of year. Time to see what you haven't used in the past 10 months- that's the stuff that you can throw out or sell.But, if you're anything like me, that's not as easy as it sounds. I don't consider myself a pack rat, but I do tend to hold on to things that could be useful...but I'll never use them. That's the kind of stuff I need to throw away...before I convince myself that the stuff in the spare closet has some kind of sentimental value.Things in your spiritual life can be the same way. We might really think that something is needed by us or by others...but it's really just causing us to stress and worry. Or maybe we're harboring feelings from the past, and that is causing a rift in a relationship with another person...and our relationship with God. This is a great time to clear out the clutter, and return things to the way that they once were.Spend some time thinking today about what is really necessary in your life and in your walk with God...try to "get back to the basics," and see if there is a noticeable change in your relationship with God and with others.

No comments: